Like many professionals, media professionals face the possibility of legal claims. These claims may include alleged:
- Violations of professional interests.
- Violations of personal interests.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights.
In order to protect one’s self and one’s business from damages resulting from these kinds of claims, Axis of New Jersey offers errors and omissions insurance coverage for media professionals, and it’s recommended that such professionals carry this sort of media liability or errors and omissions coverage.
What Specific Types of Claims May Be Covered?
Axis, New Jersey can create a customized policy for you and your business that will take into account your specific exposures. Coverage may include a number of specific types of allegations, including but not limited to:
- Other types of disparagement.
- Breach of implied or actual contract related to the submission of ideas.
- Copyright violations.
- Invasion of privacy.
- The unauthorized use of names, trademarks and other materials.
- Breach of contract or agreement regarding product placement.
Remember that you do not have to actually be guilty of any of these things to face the cost of a major lawsuit simply resulting from allegations of these behaviors. This, in part, is what makes errors and omissions coverage especially valuable to media professionals. Let Axis, New Jersey consult with you and decide what specific policy may best suit your needs.