Any business comes with its own set of standard liability issues. The world of staffing firms is no different. In fact, there may be more room for error in this industry because the agency has certain obligations to both employees and employers. Understanding potential problems and carrying appropriate staff insurance can help protect you if one of these situations comes up.
This type of insurance is standard for nearly all businesses. However, there are some things to watch for to ensure the coverage you are getting will cover what you need.
- Watch for exclusions to advertising and personal injury, both of which are important to you.
- Ensure you are not being classified erroneously as an employment agency, which means providing permanent placements rather than temporary ones.
- Determine if there is an exclusion for property damage that an employee causes while on the job.
Employment Practices Liability
This is a more specialized type of insurance that covers situations specific to staffing firms. There are a few things to look for in staffing insurance of this type, as well.
- Make sure protection is provided both corporate employees as well as temporary employees.
- Be sure you have coverage which will pay or defend damages if you are served with a lawsuit by a temporary employee.
Following these tips will guarantee that you are appropriately protected from any situations that come up while doing business. Choosing an insurance company that specializes in staff insurance may make the process much easier.